Since 2012, Marshall & Stevens has valued over $50 billion worth of domestic and international energy projects; $25 billion of which were renewable energy projects. Our Renewable Energy Valuation services can be found across a wide range of projects including appraisals, tax equity, structured finance and leasing, and cost segregation services.
Conventional Energy experience includes coal, cogeneration, gas, and nuclear energy generation facilities, oil and gas pipelines, and fuel cells as well as energy services companies and pipelines.
Renewable Energy: Wind and Solar energy generation projects are most common, but we have great experience in the valuation of Biomass, Fuel Cell, Geothermal, and Waste to Energy generation projects as well as Energy Storage. Projects span in size from utility scale, commercial and industrial, distributed generation, and residential portfolios.
Our work is typically performed in support of project development and finance, mergers, acquisitions, and recapitalizations.
- Buy/Sell Consideration including Residual Value Analyses
- Cost Segregation for Investment Tax Credit (ITC) elections and tax reporting purposes
- Fair Value reporting of Options, Warrants, Debt, Equity, etc.
- Fairness and Solvency Opinions for purchase, sale, and recapitalization transactions.
- Financing: sale/leaseback, tax equity investment, collateral lending, etc.
- Purchase Price Allocations and other financial reporting compliance valuations (IFRS and U.S. GAAP)
- Tax Reporting including Ad Valorem Reporting and Appeals