Lawyers, accountants, wealth managers and other trusted advisors refer their clients to Marshall & Stevens for a wide array of financial valuation and consulting services. From transaction consulting for wealth transfer, recapitalizations, and mergers and acquisitions, to compliance engagements to meet financial and tax reporting requirements, our professionals spend time getting to know the subject business in order to provide a thoughtful value opinion.
Marshall & Stevens’ Financial Valuation professionals are called upon to provide independent opinions of value of:
- Businesses – private businesses, thinly traded public companies, and divisions of both publicly traded and private companies
- Debt and Equity instruments – this includes shareholder notes, options, warrants, convertible debt, preferred equity, etc.
- Fractional Interests in assets or entities (aka “discount studies”) – tahis includes a single share or unit in a single class of equity in a private company, a block of equity in a public or private company, fractional interests in real estate
- Intangible assets such as tradenames, customer relationships, intellectual property, IPRD, internally developed software
We also provide transaction independent insight to boards of directors, corporate management, trustees, debt and equity investors for the planning and execution of transactions in the form of independent:
Due to diverse experience of our senior professionals, we provide valuations in a wide range of industries. Our specialty practices include:
Fund clients have some unique needs and we have specialists who perform these analyses, some of whom are public accounting valuation alumni.
Our Financial Valuation professionals collaborate on assignment with our in-house machinery & equipment and real estate valuation professional to deliver an integrated effort in the valuation of asset intensive businesses.
Professional Designations earned by our Financial Valuation professionals include:
- ASA from the American Society of Appraisers
- CFA from the CFA Institute, and
- CEIV – Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations™ (CEIV) a more recent certification for those professionals who perform fair value work for public companies.
Please click on the service pages on the right for more information about specific topics or reach out to one of our professionals listed below for a conversation.