Our ESOP Valuation professionals provide independent valuation and advisory services for ESOP implementation and administration purposes. We work with corporate shareholders, independent trustees, trust committees, and ESOP shareholders to determine the fair market value of equity in the subject company and opine on specific transactions.
ESOP Valuation Services
Our ESOP valuation experts provide an integrated array of services through the various stages of ESOP planning, execution, and administration, including:
- Initial ESOP formation valuations
- Annual enterprise and equity valuations, valuation review and consulting
- Shareholder and ERISA dispute resolution and litigation support
- Valuations of businesses, divisions, equipment, and real estate for financing purposes
- ESOP sale valuations
Our ESOP valuations are compliant with our understanding of standards set by the US Department of Labor (DOL), the US Internal Revenue Service, the Uniform Standard of Professional Appraisal Practices (USPAP), and the American Society of Appraisers (ASA) as well as the best practices outlined in the 2014 DOL Settlement Agreement with GreatBanc Trust Co., often referred to as “Paragraph D.”
For an understanding of concerns over the valuation of ESOPs, please see the following DOL caselaw:
- First Bankers Trust Services and Sonnax (2016)
- First Bankers Trust Services and SJP Group (2017)
- First Bankers Trust Services and Marian (2107)
- Constellis ESOP v. Wilmington Trust (2017)
- Reliance Trust and Tobacco Rag Processors (2017)
Our ESOP experience includes valuation of companies in a broad range of industries and size of business.
We employ our knowledge of the appropriate regulatory guidance to provide the complete scope of work and report expected by ESOP trustees, counsel, audit firms, and regulators.
For more information about ESOP or other valuation services, see the links to the right or contact one of the professionals listed below.