Entrepreneurs, corporate management, board directors, trustees, investment bankers, everyone responsible for a transaction has a potential conflict of interest in the results of a merger, acquisition, divestiture, recapitalization and other transactions.
Our valuation professionals provide a fresh independent perspective to fiduciaries, financing sources and investors for public and private company transactions.
Having an advisor whose compensation is not reliant upon the execution of any form of a proposed transaction is a more reliable source to provide a clear perspective to those with fiduciary responsibilities to shareholders.
Our Transaction Opinion team collaborates with our internal Financial Valuation, Structured Finance, Machinery & Equipment, Real Estate, and Cost Segregation professionals to provide the value opinions our clients require to consider, execute, and report a wide range of transactions including:
- merger, acquisition, divestiture, joint venture
- financing and recapitalization
- bankruptcy, reorganization, and restructuring
We experienced an increase in opinion activity in late 2020 due to private equity dividend recapitalizations for well-performing investments, and fairness opinions for distressed transactions. The same continues in 2021.
As a firm, our industry experience is greatly diverse. For more detailed information about a few specific areas, see our pages about:
Examples of our Transaction Opinion experience include:
- Letter of Adequate Consideration on an ESOP transaction.
- Real estate valuations, relative value analysis for shareholder interests in multiple funds, and Fairness Opinion on a UpREIT (consolidation) transaction prior to an IPO
- Fairness Opinion of the purchase and sale of operating renewable energy projects from one fund to another fund prior to IPO
- Fairness Opinion on the sale of an ESOP controlled company to a private party
- Solvency Opinion on a $1.2 Billion dividend recapitalization transaction.
- Solvency Opinion on a shareholder distribution and buyout of nonemployee family members from a family business.
- Fairness Opinion and Solvency Opinion on a shareholder buyout and recapitalization of a private produce packaging company.
- Examples of more specific recent experience can be found on our 2019 and 2020 Year In Review.
For more information on these services, see the links to the right or contact the professionals listed below.