Manager/Sr. Manager, Energy & Infrastructure Practice
Follow us on LinkedIn for the most up-to-date job openings at https://www.linkedin.com/company/marshall-&-stevens
Manager/Senior Manager, Energy & Infrastructure
JOB TITLE: Manager/Senior Manager
SALARY RANGE: $100-$160k base before bonuses
PRACTICE: Energy & Infrastructure
For the past eight years, the Energy & Infrastructure practice at Marshall & Stevens has provided opinions of value for billions of dollars of project finance transactions, primarily in the renewable energy generation industry: solar, wind, biomass, geothermal, etc. We have also provided value opinions for conventional energy generation and distribution facilities, manufacturing plants, transportation and shipping assets.
The Energy & Infrastructure practice is one of seven practices within Marshall & Stevens: Financial, Healthcare, Machinery & Equipment, Real Estate, Cost Segregation, and Dispute Resolution and Litigation Support. Our professionals works collaboratively, across practices, as required, to meet the needs of our clients.
Founded in 1932, Marshall & Stevens is one of the oldest and most respected independent valuation firms in the US. Our professionals provide valuation and consulting services to domestic and international clients including publicly-traded, privately-held and government sponsored entities in a great variety of industries.
Ideally, the candidate for this position will have five to seven years of experience in the valuation of asset-intensive entities that are financed by a sale/leaseback or tax equity investment. Industry experience should include energy generation and distribution. Client relationships and sales experience is a plus.
Project manage and serve in a senior technical role within Marshall & Stevens (“M&S”) such that a high-quality and profitable product is always being delivered to our clients. Train, manage and be a resource to staff in the Chicago office and in other M&S offices. Personally represent M&S to the public in such a way as to increase visibility and sales for M&S.
Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s degree in a finance-related field (business, finance or economics) or a professional designation or certification such as an ASA or CFA is desired.
Legal US citizen or resident, must be permitted to work and travel in the US without the need for a sponsor.
Must have excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
REPORTING: Managing Director, Energy & Infrastructure
SUPERVISION: Supervise valuation team on a project basis.
DUTIES: The essential duties are:
- Be able to provide and support valuations for the project financing of renewable energy generation enterprises.
- For assignments where you are serving as Project Manager or as directed, lead the performance of valuation services, including client interaction, valuation analyses and preparation of deliverables, as well as the efficiency and profitability of valuation engagements.
- Be prepared to support valuation analyses and deliverables against inquiry from developers, investors and lenders, accounting, legal and tax advisors, and others as may be required.
- Assist in training and monitoring valuation staff on M&S’ policies and procedures and on valuation methods, techniques, theories, and standards.
- Assist SF practice leadership in training SF practice staff.
- On some occasions, represent M&S at in-person and virtual meetings, as well as on calls and in correspondence with clients, potential clients, transactions advisors and other potential or current referral sources
- Participate in weekly backlog sessions and other calls and meetings as required.
- Be a part of the greater Chicago office and the national M&S efforts to provide services to our clients and to sell our services. Work out of our Chicago office, and travel as necessary to service M&S clients and participate in M&S activities.
- Other duties as assigned by M&S management.
Please send your contact information and resume to [email protected] for consideration.