Financial Valuation Intern – Los Angeles Office (Hybrid)
Financial Valuation Intern – Los Angeles Office
Marshall & Stevens Incorporated
Department – Financial Valuation Practice
Los Angeles Office
Hybrid Position: Includes remote work and in-person work at our office located in the Financial District of Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: Managing Director
Marshall & Stevens Incorporated is an 88-year-old, independent national valuation consulting firm that specializes in the valuation of businesses, debt and equity securities and derivatives, and business assets (tangible and intangible) for financial and tax reporting, as well as transaction and litigation support, among other purposes.
Marshall & Stevens’ Los Angeles office has an open position for a part-time Intern in its Financial Valuation and Consulting Practice. The Financial Valuation professionals provide valuations of businesses, debt and equity securities, and intangible assets for a variety of purposes.
The Intern will be responsible for working with a team to analyze market, income and cost approaches to support the valuations of business, securities and intangible assets for our clients. The Intern will also support M&S’ Structured Finance Practice providing support for the valuation of electric generation traditional and renewable energy projects and assets. Report writing is part of the job duties.
- Assist associates and managers in developing valuation models, performing analytic research, and writing reports for our clients.
- Analyze and input data from financial statements
- Analyze legal documents such as operating and shareholder agreements
- Collect, analyze and correlate data for valuation analysis purposes; as well as perform ancillary analysis of economic, industry and financial data
- Maintain research data, files and databases
- S. work authorization is required
- Intermediate understanding of financial theory, business transactions and general accounting and tax issues
- Analytical skills and the willingness to learn and execute supportable analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Professional presence and self-starter
- Team player
- Good remote working skills as well as regular attendance at our office in the Financial District of Los Angeles, CA. This is a hybrid position.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Pursuit of Bachelor’s Degree is necessary, preferably with a concentration in Finance, Statistics, Economics
Accounting coursework helpful
Valuation and/or renewable energy industry knowledge experience is a plus
Please submit your resume to [email protected]