Energy & Infrastructure Valuation Associate – Chicago Office
JOB TITLE: Energy & Infrastructure Valuation Associate – Chicago Office
DEPARTMENT: Energy & Infrastructure Group
JOB FUNCTION: Valuation Analyst
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
Marshall & Stevens Incorporated is a national valuation consulting firm that values businesses and business assets for mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, financing, financial accounting and federal tax reporting purposes.
Our Chicago office has an opening for a full-time Associate in the Energy & Infrastructure Practice. The Energy & Infrastructure Practice primarily values traditional and renewable energy generation and manufacturing assets. Since 2012, Team members have valued over $60 billion of electric generation facilities with approximately $30 billion being renewable energy facilities.
The Associate will be responsible for working with a team to analyze cost, market, and income approaches to value to support the fair market valuations of project assets for our clients. Report writing is also part of the job responsibilities.
- Assist senior associates, managers and directors in developing valuation models, performing analytic research, and writing reports that are submitted to our clients.
- Collect, analyze, and correlate data for valuation analysis purposes; as well as perform ancillary analysis of economic, industry, and financial data.
- Maintain research data, files, and databases.
- U.S. work authorization is required
- Intermediate/advanced understanding of financial theory, business transactions, general accounting and federal tax issues
- Possess analytical skills and have the willingness to learn and execute supportable analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Professional presence and a self-starter
- Relationship focused (with team members)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree is necessary, with a concentration in Finance, Accounting or Business
- Valuation experience is a plus
- Renewable energy industry knowledge is a plus
- CFA, ASA candidacy is a plus
A leader in professional consulting and financial valuation since 1932, Marshall & Stevens has grown to encompass corporate finance, transaction advisory, tax valuation, litigation support and restructuring advisory services. Our clients include many of the nation’s most distinguished corporations, institutions, and governmental agencies. Marshall & Stevens also serves the financial and valuation consulting needs of individual entrepreneurs, commerce and industry experts, health and educational institutions, land developers, taxing authorities, and foreign industries and governments around the world. For more details, please visit us at www.Marshall-Stevens.com
Please submit your resume to [email protected]